Sunday, November 9, 2014

Week Summary

It's a week away until Givercraft begins. It's an exciting time. This week we had the first teacher test session. It went extremely well. During the session, I helped build a house, teach how to make a craft table, cook food, dig, get tools and supplies to build and how to fly. There were 3 different test sessions. Due to my work schedule, I was only able to make the evening session. Lee, mentioned to only have one session next time, not 6 hours worth. It was a lot.

I enjoyed seeing all of the fantastic buildings the teachers created during their session. I think everyone has a good idea and feeling with using MinecraftEdu. We had a few teachers that were having downloading issues, we gave them the new java to install. Hopefully this solves the problem.

To prepare for Givercraft, this week I uploaded spreadsheets to each teacher's page to keep data for grades, levels of each standard and badge levels for Scenario 1 and Scenario 2. Due to the amount of spreadsheets I was uploaded, I created a new email address, to only have this task on my new email address. I also created a survey that was sent on Thursday evening asking the teachers demographics about their classroom and why they signed up for Givercraft. I have started to receive the results. A lot of technology is being used in the classroom, which is wonderful to see. I gave the teachers the weekend to complete the 10 question survey. Monday, I will look at the data and process it for our article that will be published in an online journal.

My plan this week is to upload the rest of the sheets for scenario 1 and 2 and analyze the data from the survey. I will also help any teammates of mine that need some assistance. I also, think we have a Handshake meeting this week with teachers. I will try to attend one of the sessions. A lot of the times are during my work schedule, so it's difficult to attend all of them. My immediate plan, is to get over this sickness. After the antibiotics, this morning I'm feeling as it's coming back! Oh no!!

I don't need any help with my tasks. I think we are almost ready to launch Givercraft. It's so exciting to be a part of something that has never been done before. I look forward to hearing about the students opinions about the project and watching their journey. What an amazing way to make learning fun and keep students engaged.

1 comment:

  1. Your hard work and enthusiasm is greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work and I hope you feel better soon. Please let me know how I can help.

    ReplyDelete